Thursday, July 16, 2015

Lace Be Honest

This had to be the one of the greatest days of my lives. Now, I know that I should probably stay faithful to my wonderful DC family... but The Avengers: Age of Ultron was just beyond incredible. Marvel did such an amazing job with carrying out this storyline. Although it wasn't strictly based on the comics, I feel like they created an amazing twist without taking out its originality.

On to the outfit now...

As always, California loves to mess with my emotions, making it ever so difficult for me to plan out my outfit for the next day. I originally was wearing something completely different because it felt like Dr. Victor Frieze was on a crazy rampage again. However as soon as the afternoon started, it felt as if Firestorm was in the house.

As always, I had to resort to black. I mean can ya really blame me? Besides lace always looks better in black! The top I'm wearing has been in my closet for as long as I can remember. I haven't let her go simply because I've always been able to style a great outfit with her around. The denim shorts, have also been in my closet for quite a while now. I don't usually wear them because I'm not a fan of the "cheeky" shorts. I don't usually feel the need to flaunt that around to the world. However, I did have this awesome cover- up that I had gotten around the holidays and usually have only worn it with a dress. Because it was so hot, I did not want to be walking around in pants but also did not want to leave very little to the imagination.

Although the cover up is also made out of lace, you might be thinking "well that doesn't really cover much up now does it?" The point of a cover up isn't to completely cover up like its title says. They are made to be used in the spring/ summer time. With the crazy raging heat, you don't want something to make you sweat in places you never thought of, but instead conceal a bit of your body. You also may have seen them strutting their stuff around the beach. Again, you don't want to cover up that cute bikini that you have been dying to show off since last summer, instead just use the cover up to your advantage while also protecting your skin from the crazy sun rays. They are usually made of lightweight materials so there is no need to fear.

That being said, it was the perfect piece I needed to complete my outfit as well as keep me a bit cool without burning my skin. I finished off the look with my favorite booties to give it a bit more of an edge rather than a boho feel. Last but not least, my accessory of choice was my Victoria Secret wing necklace.



Round Sunnies: Forever 21
Cover- Up: Express
Lace Top: Thrift Shop
Denim Shorts: London Jeans
Finlay Boots: GUESS?
Angel Wings Necklace: Victoria's Secret

No comments:

Post a Comment