Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Last Resort

The weather has been very up and down lately, and to be honest the struggle is very real to find out what to wear. Besides, it's also finals week and I'm not fully dedicated to glamming it up. However, that doesn't mean that I should run around looking like the crazy person that I am. 
Lately I have been leaning towards the casual side and this is one of the looks that I was able to pull together.

Although this may be one of the simplest looks I have done, each article of clothing has something really unique to them!

The gray top seems like just any ordinary cotton sweatshirt, but it most definitely isn't. The sleeves are made out of sheer material and add an extra "oomph" to the simple top. I've never actually worn it when I go workout because the sheer wouldn't do so well with sweat. 

For some strange reason, I don't usually wear these Material Girl leggings. I'm not a fan of leggings period, but the leather on the sides gives them that little extra edge that I usually need in my life. I'm not the kind to flaunt the camel- toe therefore I either wear a long top, or in this case, wrap my denim shirt around the waist. 

Now to the part that I am most excited about.... THE SHOES! 
I've never been a fan of the wedged sneaker BUT this pair isn't like the rest.
Most wedged sneakers are only about 3-4 inches high which isn't high enough for my taste and instead of making you appear taller, they make you seem smaller. Now how is this possible if there is added height to the shoe, you may ask. Have you guys ever noticed when you wear booties, they cut off right around the ankle? As weird as it may sound, any shoe that cuts off around or above the ankle actually takes off a bit of height, even if it's only less than an inch. The legs are very important in defining height, not anything else. As long as you are lady long legs, you will always appear taller than what you really are. 

Now that we have put the fact out there...
The usual wedged sneaker cuts off right at the ankle which makes your legs appear stumpy. 
These SODA wedged sneakers (which I just bought over the weekend from a BOGO sale) have everything that the other ones have been missing! The heel is 4 inches with an added inch platform, and BELIEVE ME they are beyond comfortable! I immediately fell in love with the bulky white platform. It gives the shoe a really cool grunge-y feel and is definitely one of the coolest trends going around in footwear right now.
 
Hair and makeup was kept simple. 
Hair straight because "ain't nobody got time for that" and my usual makeup routine because "I don't want to scare people away".

Now who said casual can't be chic?





Grey Sheer Cotton Top: not sure...
Leggings: Material Girl
Denim Shirt: Charlotte Russe
Shoes: SODA

No comments:

Post a Comment